Vegan Cajun Tofu with Creamy Grits and Garlicky Greens
Super spicy Cajun crispy tofu served with creamy grits and super garlicky greens. #Chocolate #food #Dessert #Vegan #Healthy
For the Tofu:
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14-ounce block extra firm tofu
For the Grits:
- 1 cup old-fashioned grits
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
For the Greens:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups greens
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Press your tofu a bit to get some of the water out.
- Cut it into small cubes.
- Toss it in a bowl with the Cajun seasoning.
- Place in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 30-45 minutes until it's nice and crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, start the grits, bring the water to a boil, add the grits, reduce it to a simmer, and cook covered for about 20 minutes.
- Once you have the tofu and grits going, you can sauté the greens. Heat a sauté pan with the olive oil, add the garlic and greens. Cook on medium-high until the greens are wilted and cooked through.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Once the grits are done, add the salt and vegan butter and stir.
- When everything is ready, serve it immediately.