Slutty Cheesecake Bars
Three layers of absolute decadence. Get the recipe at Delish.com. #cheesecake #bars #oreo #recipe #easy
- 8.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 8 oz cream cheese – softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ can cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 inch pan, or 9x13 pan, by lining it with foil and spraying it with non-stick spray.
- Add the cookie mix and butter to a large bowl and cut the butter into the mixture with a pastry blender.
- The mixture will be nice and crumbly when done. Set aside ¾ cup of the crumbly mixture. Press the remaining cookie mixture into the bottom of your pan. Bake for 10 minutes and then cool. (crust will be partially baked and may appear not done)
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg and mix together until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Then, spoon the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer and spread around to cover the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining cookie crumble mixture and the almonds and mix together. Sprinkle all over the top of the cherry layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes (8x8 pan) or closer to 45 minutes (9x13 pan) until the top is a light golden brown color.
- Cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for a few hours to chill. Store covered in the fridge.
- Baking Bar Tip: If you want to change from a cherry filled cheesecake square, simply alter your cherry pie filling with many of the other options like full berries, blue berries, apples, lemon curd or more! You can get super creative, but personally I find that cherry is the best.