Pesto Shrimp Fettuccine in Mushroom Garlic Sauce
Pesto Shrimp Fettuccine in Mushroom Garlic Sauce #Chocolate #food #Dessert #Vegan #Healthy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 10 oz white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (plus more if needed)
- 1/2 cup sodium free chicken broth (adjust salt if not sodium free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil - combined)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh basil
- 10 oz fettuccine pasta (use gluten free for gluten free version)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put shrimp in a mixing bowl and rub in seasoning mixture. Mix well to make sure shrimp is coated well. Add to the hot pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once midway, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from the skillet.
- Add second tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Once the pan is hot, add sliced mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring, until mushrooms release liquid and reduce in volume and get soft, for about a minute or two.
- Add minced garlic for the last few minutes, when mushrooms are almost ready. Sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add back the cooked shrimp.
- Add pesto, stir, and then deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the stock and allow to reduce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook it according to instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
- Add pasta to the skillet and stir until pasta is fully coated in sauce.
- Allow to warm for 2 minutes, and then portion and serve. Season with more salt and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.