How to Eat Clean for a Whole Entire Week
The whole “clean eating” thing sounds daunting, but in reality it just comes down to choosing real, non-processed foods in order to feel like your absolute best self. #Chocolate #food #Dessert #Vegan #Healthy
- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL: 4 slices of your favorite whole grain bread (or gluten free)
- Toppings: Arugula, red onion, or spinach
- In a medium bowl, smash chickpeas with a fork. Add in avocado and use fork to smash again until avocado is smooth, yet still contains a few chunky pieces. Stir in lemon juice and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve (best within 1-2 days).
- When ready to serve, toast bread then spread 1/2 chickpea avocado salad over 1 slice. Top with arugula, red onion or spinach, if desired. Add other toasted slice on top, then cut in half and enjoy!
- The nutrition information does not include bread since you could put this on any type of bread or eat it on lettuce instead.
- To decrease the sugar in this recipe, reduce the amount of cranberries used to 1/4 cup.